We want to hear your voice!!! The SD57 District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) is hosting a first ever virtual Town Hall with PG City Community Groups via Zoom this Monday June 7th @ 7:00pm to explore and discuss the issues and impacts of increasing traffic on our schools, families, and the surrounding communities.
What are your experiences as parents around traffic, safety, and commuting issues at our schools in SD57??
We want to know! We will be discussing:
- Safety and traffic: What are the experiences from your school and community?
- Barriers: What prevents you, your child, or family from walking or bicycling to school?
- Solutions: What do you see as potential solutions or interventions to improve the traffic and safety issues currently being experienced at your school? What changes do you see that would improve safety and provide better commuting options for students?
- Challenges: What infrastructure challenges have you experienced? Provide specific examples of sidewalks, crosswalks, crossing lights, etc.
We have an awesome panel of City & Community Groups who will be attending Monday’s Town Hall including:
- Mayor Lyn Hall representing the City of Prince George
- Fire Chief John Iverson – Prince George Fire Department
- Dave Bradshaw – City’s Manager of Transportation and Technical Services and/or Chris Vliegenthart, Transportation Supervisor
- Tracey James – Manager of BCAA
- A representative from the Traffic Division for RCMP Superintendent Shaun Wright
- Dane Greenwell – Urban Director PG Cycling Club & Go By Bike Week Coordinator for Prince George
- Doug MacDonald – ICBC Road Safety Coordinator for Prince George
Also, we will have SD57 Representatives attending Monday’s Town Hall including:
- Acting Superintendent of Schools – Cindy Heitman
- Representative from the SD57 Board of Trustees/School Board
- President of the PG District Teachers Association/PGDTA – Joanne Hapke
- President of the Principals & Vice-Principals Association of PG – Kelly Johansen
- President of CUPE for SD57 – Karen Wong
- And others
During the Town Hall we will be using the app Slido (which you can access on any mobile device or via your computer) for participants to ask live questions, participate in live polls, and provide your thoughts and feedback during this event. The Slido link will be provided at the start of the meeting.
So either email us questions in advance at email@example.com or ask them live using Slido during the meeting as well. See you there!
The meeting starts at 6:30pm with guests joining at 7pm.
Join Zoom Meeting https://ca01web.zoom.us/j/65674887171?pwd=NmxKbGtYb2ZvU2c0VW53MFFISlZEdz09
Meeting ID: 656 7488 7171