We had a great meeting on September 30 with 30 participants representing 28 schools in our district!
The Recording is approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes. Unfortunately, when the screen was being shared, you don’t see the video of the speaker, but audio is there.
As promised, here are some notes from the meeting:
- Advocacy Presentation from Andrea Beckett our DPAC Chair (not in attendance)
- Summary of SD57 Restart Plan (4 pages). See the full 32-page document here.
- Summary of SD57 School Specific Plans and Checklist.
- PAC Info Session Q&A including encouragement and communication channels.
- Outstanding questions from the session and answers from the District.
Main points that we discussed (that changed with Updated Restart Plan on Sept 13):
- Daily Health Check – review updated list of key symptoms and when to call 8-1-1
- PAC access to school buildings and protocols (for meetings, fundraisers, hot lunch)
- Hot Lunches are allowed and encouraged
- Amie Thibodeau is our DPAC Director who has agreed to be our DPAC Zoom Administrator. We have 2 zoom licenses that allow up to 300 participants, unlimited minutes, cloud recording, breakout rooms, and many other full features. Amie needs to set up your meeting (or recurring monthly meeting) and send you a link to share with participants. We are working on a request form and process to be communicated soon. In the meantime, email zoom questions to email@example.com.
- All PACs have an sd57.bc.ca email address. No need to coordinate with your Principal. Just contact Morris Scarpino, the IT Manager, and verify your identity. Include DPAC@sd57.bc.ca in the request and I can confirm. He will send you an invite to your personal email with a temporary password. Once you have logged in the first time with your new password, you can use it as your PAC email. If preferred, you can forward it to your personal or PAC email address. Go to www.sd57dpac.ca and search “email” and 2 posts will come up with more information.
- Volunteer Registration Form must be submitted every school year in order to work with children. Your Criminal Record Check must be on file, valid for 3 years. Ask your School Administrator to check the “database” to see if you are an approved volunteer.
DPAC is working on communicating accurate, up-to-date information with PACs and parents. If there anything you need support with, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(PS – Please share this info with your PAC Members, Parents, and your Principal as needed.)