DRAFT – Minutes of March 2013 Meeting


7:00 p.m. Van Bien Training and Development Centre



DPAC Executive:               Sarah Holland (Chair), Chris Finke (Vice Chair), Gillian Burnett (Treasurer), Darlene Campbell (District Associate) , Jacqueline Dockray  (Director), Steve Shannon (Director) and Inge Culhane (Secretary)

Partner Groups:               Brian Pepper, Superintendent; Kate Cooke, Trustee; Matt Pearce, PGDTA; Lorraine Prouse, CUPE

School Reps:                      Tanya Schunicht , Jacqueline Dockray, College Heights Elementary; Chris Finke, DP Todd; Darlene Campbell, Duchess Park; Inge Culhane, Edgewood; Kim Shannon, Hart Highlands; Sarah Holland, Heather Park; Steve Shannon, Kelly Road; Lotte Andersen, Nukko Lake; Darlene Campbell, Nusdeh Yoh; Michelle Rolfes, Pineview; Ryan Clarke, Quinson; Dennis Fudge, Spruceland; Barb Oke, Vanway


1.                  Adoption of Agenda

Unanimous consent


2.         Adoption of Feb 4, 2013 Minutes

Missing from minutes Barb Oke from Vanway – was present at Feb 4 meeting

Adopted as corrected by unanimous consent


  1. Election – DPAC secretary – nominated and voted in, all in favor (Inge Culhane new secretary)


  1. 4.                  Request for parent input on budget issues and challenge for 2013/14, for presentation April 3

Discussion regarding each partner group giving input

Funding for counselors for all schools

Librarians needed in all schools

Distance Education 20% success rate/ need support for these students

Nusdeh yoh –  transportation promised

Transportation – busing in general needs to cover more area

Courtesy and catchment Choice busing for choice schools

Aides filling positions

Bring back to PAC’s for discussion



5.         PAC Networking

  • Hart highlands-  capped school, hasn’t reached cap, 38 enrolled now
  • Kelly Road- Northern Center gov prgm, fruit and veggie prgm, apply for it, www.sfvnp.ca
  • Vanway- Dielemans fundraising
  • College Heights-  Spring Concert, Lego winter carnival  and Spring dance March 7
  • Pineview- antibullying, finished basketball
  • Quinson-  Fort St. James trip
  • Duchess- On line safety speaker full attendance expected
  • Nusdeh yoh- lunch prgm how to change to traditional foods and have parents cater it,  issues with antibullying presentation, Cultural food served fresh twice a week and a parent taking over for 8 weeks (cook) put in business plan
  • SPRUCELAND-  Fraser Institute Report
  • Nukko- Thanked the DPAC for making projection of schools public, snow day went well, contest (who uses the new school website the most by end of year),  Spring break being a long hall for next year to get to end of school
  • DPTODD- spirituality, culture and gender
  • Edgewood- Thanked the DPAC for grants, SOLOS presentation March 14th Family of Schools
  • Heather Park- raffle tickets tickets for Vancouver game April 20,  $2 each
  • BCCPAC- Darlene nominated for election, wants info for speech, difference between North and South needs/unique issues for North. Send Darlene an email with thoughts


6.           Kids helping kids presentation– handout on DPAC website

All schools in PG are action schools

7.           Reports

(a)                DSAC Report – Not present

(b)               CUPE Report –  Lorraine Prouse – See attached

(c)                PGDTA Report – Matt Pierce – Zone day, PD day, PGSS PD activities, presenters from all over province and out of province, Williams Lake unable to attend, looking at April next year for Spring Fling to accommodate travel for out of town attendees

Bargaining has commenced, not a lot of bargaining until after May 14, DPAC thanks for invite to Spring                                    Fling (one DPAC representative registered)

(d)               PGPVPA Report – Faith contacted Sarah (unable to make it) Report put on DPAC website

(e)               PEA Report – Sends regrets

(f)                 Superintendent Report –  Brian Pepper – See attached

(g)   Trustee Report – Kate Cooke – See attached

8.            Committee Reports

a)  Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland) – See attached

b)  Treasurers Report (Gillian Burnett) – See attached


9.            PAC and Parent Assistance

a)  PAC Planner – discussion: calender portion input, projected completion date,

b) GRANTS – no new applications




10.          Advising School District

a) Education Services report (Steve Shannon) –  see attached

b) EPPC Committee  Report (Darlene Campbell) –  Will attend March 12th

c) Policy and Governance report (Sarah Holland) –  see attached

d) Expanded Committee of the Whole (Gillian Burnett & Sarah Holland) – see attached

e) Suggestions for Board Meeting (Sarah Holland) – Next mtg April 2, 2013

11.          Other Business

                a) Election of Delegate Selection Committee for BCCPAC Conference May 3 to 5 – agreed to sit on committee        (Darlene Campbell & Gillian Burnett) All in favor

b) Election of Nominating Committee for AGM – agreed to sit on committee (Chris Finke, Dennis Fudge, and           Darlene Campbell) Jacqui motioned – All in favor

c) Resolutions Workshop – before BCCPAC Conference – Gillian voted to check when Van Bien Training Center is                     available, either Sat April 13 or April 20 10am-12pm. Jacqui will contact school district about the date and               place available. Also discussion regarding – including Budget discussion after resolution workshop.  ACTION.

d) Change date of April DPAC mtg from April 1 to April 8 – All in favor. Jacqui will cancel April 1st date with school                      district. College heights motioned (Jacqui). DPTODD seconded (Chris).

e) BC Family French Camp – Sarah will post on DPAC website

12.          Meeting adjourned at 9:36 pm.- next meeting scheduled for Monday, April 8, 2013 at 7:00pm Van Bien training                   and development Center.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *