DPAC Meeting Minutes – March 2020

Our March meeting was jam packed with tense issues! But much progress was made and mutual respect was sensed between all participants. We would like to thank our Partner Group Representatives for listening to parents and taking our advice. We have seen an increase in communication and engagement from the District Office and School Board.

Please take some time to read these minutes and continue to keep up to date with information on www.sd57.bc.ca. Thank you!

First DPAC Meeting for 2020

Welcome back! We look forward to collaborating with you at the first DPAC Meeting of the year Monday January 6th, 2020. We are at the Van Bien Training Centre (side door entrance on Upland Street side) at 6:30pm until around 8:30pm.

We look forward to meeting our new District Superintendent Anita Richardson. We also have the opportunity to hear from the Honorable Shirley Bond and Mike Morris, or local MLAs in the BC Legislature. As usual, we will have presentations from CUPE, the Teacher’s Union, Principals Association, and School Board. Please come with ideas and encouragement for all our guests!

November Meeting Minutes & Agenda for December 2

The school year is in full swing and moving steady right into Christmas break. Please review the minutes from our November 4th meeting.

Plans are underway for a PAC Cafe in the new year. Plan to come to our next meeting on Monday to hear about that and much more. Representatives from Senior Administration, the Board of Education, and many other partner groups are there to provide information on initiatives within the District and answer parent’s questions. PAC Representatives from multiple schools benefit from discussions and networking regarding fundraisers and programs that they run at their elementary and secondary schools. Even if you are not an elected PAC Rep, all parents are welcome to attend!

DPAC Meeting Monday Dec 2, 2019 6:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre

October Meeting Minutes

We had 16 parents attend the meeting on October 7. There is so much great information presented by DPAC Executives and Representatives from Senior Administration, School Board, Principals & Vice-Principals Association, Prince George District Teachers Association, and CUPE.

We had a presentation from Jason Peters, the new Communications and Public Relations Officer with the District. They have very recently launched a Facebook page School District No. 57. Be sure to “like” and follow. Check out stories from around the District on the new website sd57stories.com.

Plan to attend the DPAC Meeting on Monday November 4 at 6:30 at Van Bien Training Centre. Let us know you are coming by responding to this event. DPAC Representatives (or Alternates) from every school can attend to ask questions, give input, and vote on initiatives.

Finally, there are still a few spots left in the FoodSafe course on Nov. 17. Register here.

DPAC Meeting & Events

We hope to see you at our monthly meeting on Monday October 7, 2019 starting at 6:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre. All parents are encouraged to attend.

DPAC Representatives are elected to attend on behalf of their elementary or high school PAC. Partner Groups report on activities and initiatives throughout School District 57. This includes Representatives from Senior Administration, School Board Trustees, Principals & Vice Principals Association, Prince George District Teachers Association, CUPE, and more. Great information and access to decision makers in our District!

Upcoming Seminar for Parents about Adolescent Brain Development this Wednesday Oct. 9 at South Fort George Family Resource Centre

FoodSafe for PAC Parents Sunday Nov. 17 8:30am – 3:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre – For more information or to register click: here

The White Hatter is coming to Prince George again! Details below.

Please “Like” our page “Prince George District Parent Advisory Council” on Facebook. PAC Executive Members can join “SD57 PACs” Facebook Group. There is also “PG PAC Connections” Facebook group for general discussions and forum to share ideas.

Agenda – June 6, 2016 General Meeting

Webconference – attend online:  https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.901BB40F2645E6BC7B9F165916D911

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, June 6th, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)

7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Doug Borden, Coordinator, Career Technical Centre, CNC
5. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics, detailed and specific questions are best kept to the break)
a) District Student Advisory Council (Josh Nycholat )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Superintendent Report ( Sharon Cairns )
f) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Gillian Burnett & Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Sarah Holland & Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Grant requests
b) FoodSafe scheduling – 2016/17 year?
c) PAC Café – January 28th, February 4th or 25th?
d) Conference – November 5, 2016?
8. Advising School District
a) Report – Assistant Superintendent Job Interview Panel
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon)
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel)
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland)
e) Facilities planning
f) Strategic Plan
g) Suggestions for School Board Report
9. Election – Director position

10. Other Business
a) Buddy Benches – possible presentation by Myrna Lemke in September
b) Education Sustainability – possible presentation by Jody Holmes in October
c) Curriculum changes
d) Next year’s schedule of meetings
e)
11. Agenda items for next meeting
12. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 12, at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

General DPAC Meeting April 4th

The meeting will be held starting at 7pm at the Van Bien Training and Development Centre, on Monday, April 4th.

A weblink will be posted for attending the meeting remotely – which we’re very pleased to say worked well in March:

https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.4A4ABFDECDFC1AD35666A7B4353AAC

This webconference is set up through LearnNowBC’s Blackboard Collaborate service. A participant guide for this service can be found here:

http://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/v12/Participant

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, April 4th, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)

7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics, detailed and specific questions are best kept to the break)
a) DSAC Presentation (Josh Nycholat )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Superintendent Report ( )
f) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
5. Elections –Vacant Secretary position
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Grant requests
b) Digital and online safety workshop – Thursday, April 14th, at Vanier Hall
8. Advising School District
a) School District Budget Consultation Committee, meetings April 4th and April 20th
b) Superintendent Job Interview Panel, May 5th
c) Calendar Committee report
d) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon)
e) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel)
f) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland)
g) Suggestions for School Board Report

9. Other Business
a) BCCPAC Resolutions – workshop and proxies – Sunday, April 10th
b)
c)
10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, May ____ at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

DPAC General Meeting Monday, January 11th

Our first meeting of 2016 will be held Monday, January 11th, at Van Bien Training Centre.

2016 January 11 – DPAC General Agenda
DPAC_20151207
December Report to DPAC for Jan 11 Meeting
Suggested resolutions for BCCPAC
Executive Board Report – for January 11 2016 docx


Webconference login:

Apologies – technical difficulties have knocked us offline this evening!

Now back online, as of 740.

https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.419115BF2D5A2197EB752580B6CCDD

First Time Collaborate Users

  • You may be prompted to download some software which may take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes depending on your Internet connection speed. Join your meeting early if you can.
  • A microphone and headphones or speakers will allow you to participate fully in the meeting.
  • Visit the Configuration Room and use the Audio Setup Wizard before the session to make sure your computer’s audio is configured correctly.

Monday, January 11, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)
7:30pm – Partner groups enter

4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics)
a) DSAC Report ( )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Professional Employees Association ( )
f) Acting Superintendent Report (Sharon Cairns)
g) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)

5. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report ( )

6. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Communicating with PACs and parents
b) Grant requests
c) Future event planning

7. Advising School District
a) Rural Consultation Committee
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon, )
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel, )
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland, )
e) Suggestions for School Board Report

8. Other Business
a) Resolutions for BCCPAC
b) Radon
c) Food Safe
d)
9. Agenda items for next meeting
10. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 1st at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

DRAFT – minutes for October 5, 2015

DPAC MINUTES FOR October 5, 2015
7:00 p.m. Peden Hill Elementary Gymnasium

Attendees:
DPAC Executive: Sarah Holland (Chair), Gillian Burnett (Recorder), Mike Gagel, Steve Shannon, Dennis Fudge, Darlene Campbell
Partner Groups: Richard Giroday, Brian Pepper, Dan Watt
School Reps: Jacqueline Dockray – Ecole College Heights; Darlene Campbell – Duchess Park; Shara Schenk – Edgewood;Mandy Levesque – Hart Highlands; Kim Shannon – Kelly Road; Shauna Connor – Lac Des Bois; Gillian Burnett – Nukko Lake; Charleen Henyu – Nusdeh Yoh; Randi McLeod – Peden Hill; Michelle Waning – Pinewood; Wendy Neumeyer & Michelle Rolfes – PGSS; Kim Pryschlak – Quinson; Mike Gagel – Southridge Dennis Fudge – Spruceland; Chelsea Vonah – Vanway

1. Call to Order, Secretary
Call for volunteer to record the meeting and prepare minutes. Gillian Burnett from Nukko Lake volunteers.

2. Adoption of Agenda and Minutes
Strike Darlene Campbell’s name from EPPC Committee Report as she has not represented DPAC on this committee.
5. b) MOTION
To Vacate the previous decision to add Dennis Fudge as signing authority on both DPAC bank accounts at Integris Credit Union.
CARRIED
MOTION
That Darlene Campbell, Mike Gagel and Rob Woods be added as signing authority on both DPAC bank accounts at Integris Credit Union.
CARRIED
Minutes adopted as amended.
3. PAC Networking – Discussion about a variety of events taking place in schools, Scholastics Book Fairs run by PAC vs school staff, parking and traffic around schools, and Program start ups like El Sistema at Quinson. Best practice coming forward from Southridge – added a line to lunch forms which asked for permission to contact parents by e-mail and provided a space for them to supply their e-mail address.
4. Reports
a) DSAC– Not in attendance
b) CUPE (Karen Wong) – Unable to attend
c) PGDTA (Richard Giroday) –Recognized World Teacher Day October 5th. Spoke about support for new curriculum in the form of 2 additional Pro-D days both this year and next. Gave information about the difficulty PEA has had in attracting members and announced that PEA is looking at becoming BCTF members.
d) PGPVPA (Dan Watt – Spoke about workshops provided by the provincial body that support Principal and Vice Principal professional development. Provided information on Learning Team Grants, Innovation Grants and Aboriginal Education Grants.
e) PEA (Nicole Harris) – Not in attendance
f) Superintendent (Brian Pepper) – See attached.
g) Trustee (Brenda Hooker) – Unable to attend
5. Acceptance of Resignation
Dennis Fudge is moving out of province and will be unable to complete his term. Bylaws and Constitution allow us to accept his resignation prior to the end of term. Resignation accepted by general consent.
We now have a Director’s position open on the executive. Call for nominees. Hearing none, we will call again at next meeting. Provided members with a brief description of duties to think about.
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland) – see attached
Discussion regarding acknowledgement of aboriginal traditional grounds at various DPAC meetings.
Decision reached to observe acknowledgement at our AGM in the future.
b) Treasurer’s Report () – see attached.
Reviewed 2015/2016 Budget.
MOTION
To accept the 2015/2016 Budget as presented.
CARRIED
Still looking for another volunteer to conduct the Financial Review of the DPAC 2014/2015 books.
Kim Shannon volunteers. All in favour. Dates and times to be determined following the meeting.
c) BCCPAC Report (Dennis Fudge) – “Bullying Stops Here” publication now available. AGM to be held in Kelowna last weekend in April/first weekend in May.
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Communicating with PACs and parents – looking for any ideas about how to improve our effectiveness in this area.
b) Grant requests – Vanway – Discussion about events’ alignment with grant criteria and whether food intended as applicable expense.
MOTION
To pay for 50% of the $481.73 Vanway PAC grant request.
CARRIED
c) Fall Conference October 24, 2015 at Civic Centre. registration up and going. Discussion about speakers and workshops available.
7. Advising School District
a) Long Range Facilities Plan – District is looking at.
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon) – See attached.
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report (Mike Gagel) – Did not meet. Next meeting scheduled for October.
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland) – See Executive Report attached.
e) Budget Planning Committee – Not convened for this year yet.
f) Calendar Committee – Not convened for this year yet.
g) Suggestions for School Board Report – If anything comes up, send to executive.
8. Other Business
a) Change of meeting dates – January and May – January’s meeting changed to second Monday. Van Bien not available for second Monday in May. Will look at again next meeting.

9. Agenda items for next meeting – none at this time
10. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 2nd, at 7:00 pm Van Bien Training and Development Centre.