DPAC Meeting – March 2

We hope you can join us for our monthly General Meeting on Monday March 2, 2020 starting at 6:30pm at the Van Bien Training Centre.

DPAC Minutes from February 3 can be found here.

The following are Reports from District Committee Meetings attended in February:

The DPAC Executive Team has reviewed the events from last Tuesday’s Board Meeting as well as the subsequent posts and feedback from the community regarding the renaming of Kelly Road Secondary. We have discussed the issue and struggle with the same questions that have already been raised. We hope to receive clarity at our Monthly Meeting on Monday. We will have representatives from the Board, Office of the Superintendent, Principals/Vice-Principals, Teachers, and CUPE attending to give input, but we will limit the discussion at that time. There will be an opportunity for parents and PACs to voice their concerns and questions at the end of the meeting. DPAC Executive will listen to parent feedback and do our best to represent the parent voice in this matter. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

New process for parents to submit suggested questions for the Partner Groups:

Feel free to contact us at exec@sd57dpac.ca if you have questions or feedback on any of this information. See you at the meeting!

First DPAC Meeting for 2020

Welcome back! We look forward to collaborating with you at the first DPAC Meeting of the year Monday January 6th, 2020. We are at the Van Bien Training Centre (side door entrance on Upland Street side) at 6:30pm until around 8:30pm.

We look forward to meeting our new District Superintendent Anita Richardson. We also have the opportunity to hear from the Honorable Shirley Bond and Mike Morris, or local MLAs in the BC Legislature. As usual, we will have presentations from CUPE, the Teacher’s Union, Principals Association, and School Board. Please come with ideas and encouragement for all our guests!

November Meeting Minutes & Agenda for December 2

The school year is in full swing and moving steady right into Christmas break. Please review the minutes from our November 4th meeting.

Plans are underway for a PAC Cafe in the new year. Plan to come to our next meeting on Monday to hear about that and much more. Representatives from Senior Administration, the Board of Education, and many other partner groups are there to provide information on initiatives within the District and answer parent’s questions. PAC Representatives from multiple schools benefit from discussions and networking regarding fundraisers and programs that they run at their elementary and secondary schools. Even if you are not an elected PAC Rep, all parents are welcome to attend!

DPAC Meeting Monday Dec 2, 2019 6:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre

DPAC Meeting & Events

We hope to see you at our monthly meeting on Monday October 7, 2019 starting at 6:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre. All parents are encouraged to attend.

DPAC Representatives are elected to attend on behalf of their elementary or high school PAC. Partner Groups report on activities and initiatives throughout School District 57. This includes Representatives from Senior Administration, School Board Trustees, Principals & Vice Principals Association, Prince George District Teachers Association, CUPE, and more. Great information and access to decision makers in our District!

Upcoming Seminar for Parents about Adolescent Brain Development this Wednesday Oct. 9 at South Fort George Family Resource Centre

FoodSafe for PAC Parents Sunday Nov. 17 8:30am – 3:30pm at Van Bien Training Centre – For more information or to register click: here

The White Hatter is coming to Prince George again! Details below.

Please “Like” our page “Prince George District Parent Advisory Council” on Facebook. PAC Executive Members can join “SD57 PACs” Facebook Group. There is also “PG PAC Connections” Facebook group for general discussions and forum to share ideas.

Agenda – June 6, 2016 General Meeting

Webconference – attend online:  https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.901BB40F2645E6BC7B9F165916D911

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, June 6th, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)

7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Doug Borden, Coordinator, Career Technical Centre, CNC
5. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics, detailed and specific questions are best kept to the break)
a) District Student Advisory Council (Josh Nycholat )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Superintendent Report ( Sharon Cairns )
f) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Gillian Burnett & Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Sarah Holland & Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Grant requests
b) FoodSafe scheduling – 2016/17 year?
c) PAC Café – January 28th, February 4th or 25th?
d) Conference – November 5, 2016?
8. Advising School District
a) Report – Assistant Superintendent Job Interview Panel
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon)
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel)
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland)
e) Facilities planning
f) Strategic Plan
g) Suggestions for School Board Report
9. Election – Director position

10. Other Business
a) Buddy Benches – possible presentation by Myrna Lemke in September
b) Education Sustainability – possible presentation by Jody Holmes in October
c) Curriculum changes
d) Next year’s schedule of meetings
e)
11. Agenda items for next meeting
12. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 12, at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

May 9th DPAC General Meeting

People may attend the meeting remotely through a weblink (not as good as attending in person, but we understand this can be difficult):

https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.E93F2F1ACD5296BB040B68ABC193DF

This webconference is set up through LearnNowBC’s Blackboard Collaborate service. A participant guide for this service can be found here:

http://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/v12/Participant

 

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, May 9th, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order, Secretary
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)

7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics, detailed and specific questions are best kept to the break)
a) DSAC Presentation (Josh Nycholat )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Superintendent Report ( Sharon Cairns )
f) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)

5. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report

6. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Grant requests
b) Conference committee and discussion of event planning

7. Advising School District
a) School District Budget to be presented at school board meeting scheduled for May 17th
b) Report – Superintendent Job Interview Panel, May 5th
c) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon)
d) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel)
e) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland)
f) Suggestions for School Board Report

8. Elections – Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, District Associate, Directors

9. Other Business
a)
b)
c)
10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 6, at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

General DPAC Meeting April 4th

The meeting will be held starting at 7pm at the Van Bien Training and Development Centre, on Monday, April 4th.

A weblink will be posted for attending the meeting remotely – which we’re very pleased to say worked well in March:

https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.4A4ABFDECDFC1AD35666A7B4353AAC

This webconference is set up through LearnNowBC’s Blackboard Collaborate service. A participant guide for this service can be found here:

http://en-us.help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/v12/Participant

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, April 4th, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)

7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics, detailed and specific questions are best kept to the break)
a) DSAC Presentation (Josh Nycholat )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Superintendent Report ( )
f) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
5. Elections –Vacant Secretary position
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Grant requests
b) Digital and online safety workshop – Thursday, April 14th, at Vanier Hall
8. Advising School District
a) School District Budget Consultation Committee, meetings April 4th and April 20th
b) Superintendent Job Interview Panel, May 5th
c) Calendar Committee report
d) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon)
e) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel)
f) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland)
g) Suggestions for School Board Report

9. Other Business
a) BCCPAC Resolutions – workshop and proxies – Sunday, April 10th
b)
c)
10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, May ____ at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

DPAC General Meeting Monday, January 11th

Our first meeting of 2016 will be held Monday, January 11th, at Van Bien Training Centre.

2016 January 11 – DPAC General Agenda
DPAC_20151207
December Report to DPAC for Jan 11 Meeting
Suggested resolutions for BCCPAC
Executive Board Report – for January 11 2016 docx


Webconference login:

Apologies – technical difficulties have knocked us offline this evening!

Now back online, as of 740.

https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.419115BF2D5A2197EB752580B6CCDD

First Time Collaborate Users

  • You may be prompted to download some software which may take anywhere from 2 to 20 minutes depending on your Internet connection speed. Join your meeting early if you can.
  • A microphone and headphones or speakers will allow you to participate fully in the meeting.
  • Visit the Configuration Room and use the Audio Setup Wizard before the session to make sure your computer’s audio is configured correctly.

Monday, January 11, 2016, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)
7:30pm – Partner groups enter

4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics)
a) DSAC Report ( )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Professional Employees Association ( )
f) Acting Superintendent Report (Sharon Cairns)
g) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)

5. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report ( )

6. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Communicating with PACs and parents
b) Grant requests
c) Future event planning

7. Advising School District
a) Rural Consultation Committee
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon, )
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel, )
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland, )
e) Suggestions for School Board Report

8. Other Business
a) Resolutions for BCCPAC
b) Radon
c) Food Safe
d)
9. Agenda items for next meeting
10. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 1st at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.

Agenda – General Meeting – December 7, 2015

Web conference link: https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.4D3237AB240411A3E87DD7E9F7C24D

A web conference link will be available, for people who are not able to attend the meeting in person. Please email chair@sd57dpac.ca if any questions.

 

Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, December 7th, 2015, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)
7:30pm – Partner groups enter

4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics)
a) DSAC Report ( )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Professional Employees Association ( )
f) Superintendent Report (Brian Pepper)
g) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)

5. Elections –Vacant Director position

6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) BCCPAC Report ( )
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Communicating with PACs and parents
b) Grant requests
c) Future event planning

8. Advising School District
a) Rural Consultation Committee
b) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon, )
c) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel, )
d) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland, )
e) Suggestions for School Board Report

9. Other Business

a) BCCPAC Resolutions
b) Radon
c) Sports Insurance
d)

10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 11th at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.