On April 25, 2017 the Board of Education approved Draft Policy 5123 Student Promotion, Communicating Student Learning and Reporting for distribution to reference groups for input.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS REGARDING DRAFT POLICY 5123 STUDENT PROMOTION, COMMUNICATING STUDENT LEARNING AND REPORTING IS JUNE 26, 2017.
- As part of the curriculum re-design and transformation, the Ministry of Education revised Student Reporting Policy effective July 2016 stated that for grades K – 9 Boards of Education will either:
- Develop and follow local student reporting policy and procedures set by the Board which must meet the InterimStudent Reporting Guidelines K – 9 or
- Follow the revised Student Reporting Policy.
- School District No. 57 opted to develop and follow local students reporting policy and procedures for Grades K – 7 that aligns with the Interim Student Reporting Guidelines as per the Ministry of Education.
- Revisions to the Student Reporting Policy for grades 8 and 9 were necessary to meet the criteria in the Ministry of Education’s revisedStudent Reporting Policy.
If you or your organization has any comments, concerns or suggestions about thedraft policies, please forward them in writing to:
School District No. 57 (Prince George)
2100 Ferry Avenue
Prince George, BC ~~V2L 4R5
To help focus your input, the following questions may be considered:
- How does the new policy fit with current practice?
- How will the new policy affect your school/department/group?
- How will the policy affect teaching, learning and student achievement?
- Do you have any ideas for making the policy more effective?
- Are there any areas in the policy that are unclear?
- Are there significant issues that the policy should, but does not, address?
- Can you foresee any difficulties posed by the implementation of the policy?
- Will the policy as proposed put unreasonable demands on people or resources? If so, how?