The Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development is responsibility for the Community Gaming Grants program, which provides grants to PACs and DPACs.
They have just published a Program Guidelines document for Community Gaming Grants, effective February 1, 2017.
We encourage PACs to review the document, particularly the Prohibited use of funds for Parent Advisory Councils:
Grant funds may not be used to pay for goods or services that should be
provided by the school district for teachers to deliver curriculum or for students
to complete curriculum requirements. Materials that are not required in the
teaching or completion of curriculum, but which assist in doing so, such as
smart boards and other enhanced educational items, are also ineligible for
Ineligible uses of PAC grant funds include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Curricular activities or purposes (for example, tablets and smart boards used
- Disbursements outside of the province unless approved in advance in writing
by the branch;
- Out-of-province travel, unless approved in advance by the branch;
- Out-of-province or out-of-country aid;
- Past debt, loan or interest payments;
- Sustaining or endowment funds;
- Extra lighting, curtains, props, etc. for in-school theatre/drama classes;
- Replacing the gymnasium floor;
- British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils
- Teachers on call (to attend field trips to assist with supervision);
- Staff luncheons; and/or
- Professional development of staff.