At tonight’s school board meeting, there have been three memos distributed at the start of the meeting. These motions have not been passed as yet, and will be discussed tonight.
Update: motions all passed.
- regarding co-location of McBride schools – that the Board discontinue its consideration of the co-location of McBride Centennial Elementary school at McBride Secondary School, and that this matter not be reconsidered until total K-12 enrolment in McBride is less than 150 students
- regarding move of grade 7 students from Morfee Elementary to Mackenzie Secondary – that the Board direct teh Superintendent to have the principals of Morfee and Mackenzie work with their students, staff, and parents to consider a middle years education program at Mackenzie Secondary to include the community’s grade 7 students beginning no earlier than the 2017-18 school year
- regarding change of catchment for Duchess Park – that the Board direct the Superintendent to enforce the existing catchment area for Duchess Park Secondary school, regular program, on a graduated basis as indicated in the Appendix [not included], beginning with new enrolment for the 2017-18 school year, until such time as Duchess Park Secondary, regular program, enrolls catchment area students only.
Additional information for Duchess Park:
Board members asked for numbers of students from different catchments, and in the school year just ended, there were 724 students in regular program, of which:
- 387 in Duchess Park catchment
- 135 from DP Todd catchment
- 96 from PGSS catchment
- 50 from Kelly Road catchment
- 56 from College Heights catchment
- and 264 in French Immersion program. Francophone numbers not given.
This would mean that the catchment for Edgewood would not change.