To help you keep your children safe on the job, WorkSafeBC has created a parent resource kit with information materials that can help you prevent injuries to your young worker. It includes:
- Brochure titled This could happen to your child (PDF 242 KB). This brochure explains how parents can help keep their children safe at work. It offers advice on how to talk to your children before they start work and after they are hired.
- Fact sheet (PDF 82 KB) and Backgrounder illustrating injuries to young workers
- Profiles of seriously injured young workers describing how their accidents altered their lives
- Video titled Lost Youth: Four stories of injured workers, a dramatic video showing the consequences of a serious workplace injury
- Video titled Joe Who?, a video presentation of the play created by students for students about the impact of workplace accidents
For more information on the Parent Resource Kit email Yworker@WorkSafeBC.com or call 604 276-3174.