Web conference link for remote attendees:
Other items for the meeting will be posted closer to the time.
Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, November 2nd, 2015, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion (To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.)
7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each – questions may be taken about general topics)
a) DSAC Report ( )
b) CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
c) Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Richard Giroday)
d) Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
e) Professional Employees Association ( )
f) Superintendent Report (Brian Pepper)
g) Trustee Report (Brenda Hooker)
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
5. Elections –Vacant Director position
6. Officer and Committee Reports
a) Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
b) Treasurer’s Report (Gillian Burnett)
c) Treasurer’s Report (Kim Shannon, Candice Bate)
d) BCCPAC Report ( )
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
a) Communicating with PACs and parents
b) Grant requests
c) Fall conference report
d) Future event planning
8. Advising School District
a) Education Services Committee Report (Steve Shannon, )
b) Education Programs and Planning Committee Report ( Mike Gagel, )
c) Policy and Governance (Sarah Holland, )
d) Suggestions for School Board Report
9. Other Business
b) DPAC Chair summit November 7th – three questions for discussion:
• What areas do you believe are most important for your DPAC to focus on?
• What resources or information would help your DPAC be more effective?
• In a perfect world, what role would you like your DPAC to play in your district?
10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 7th at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.