For parent advisory council executive members in the Prince George School District. This will include the positions of Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and any other positions you may have – Volunteer Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Fundraising, and more.
- Share ideas and challenges
- Network with other PACs in your area
- Get ideas from other volunteers doing your job
- Enjoy a catered lunch
Pre-registration required here: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/pac-cafe-2015-tickets-14891785732
Free of charge for all PAC executive members
Have you completed our survey about topics and possible lunches? Click here: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/sd57dpac/pac-cafe-2014/
Agenda – DPAC General Meeting
Monday, January 12, 2015, 7:00 p.m., Van Bien Training Centre
Attend by webconference: https://ca-sas.bbcollab.com/m.jnlp?sid=7345&password=M.9D5D9B062510B51EA3152EA29737FD
1. Call to order, Secretary
2. Adoption of agenda and Adoption of Minutes
3. PAC Networking and discussion
To increase the effectiveness of this section of the agenda, we suggest that people report on ideas that may be of interest to other PACs, or concerns that other PACs could help with.
7:30pm – Partner groups enter
4. Partner Group Presentations (five minutes each)
- DSAC Report (Robin Keahey, Hayley Jakubowski)
- CUPE Report (Karen Wong)
- Prince George District Teachers Association Report (Tina Cousins, Richard Giroday)
- Prince George Principal and Vice Principals Association Report (Dan Watt)
- Professional Employees Association (Nicole Haines)
- Superintendent Report (Brian Pepper)
- Trustee Report
(5 – 10 minute snack break, opportunity for further partner group discussions)
5. Reports from BCCPAC Conference (2 minutes each, plus written reports)
6. Officer and Committee Reports
- Executive Board Report (Sarah Holland)
- Treasurer’s Report (Chris Finke)
- BCCPAC Report (Darlene Campbell)
7. PAC and Parent Assistance
- Grant requests
- PAC Cafe planning – January 24th. Location and topics.
- FoodSafe – January 31st, at Van Bien
- Conference or speaker- tentative dates for conference Saturday, April 18th
8. Advising School District
- Education Services Committee Report (Steve)
- Education Programs and Planning Committee Report (Chris, Darlene)
- Policy and Governance (Sarah, Dennis)
- Ad hoc Technology Committee (Steve)
- Calendar Committee
- Suggestions for School Board Report
- Revisions to policy on Respectful Workplaces & Harassment (WORK ON!!)
9. Other Business
- Planning for prospective meeting with new school board
- Resolutions for upcoming BCCPAC AGM, May 1 to 3, 2015
10. Agenda items for next meeting
11. Adjournment – Next meeting is scheduled for Monday, February 2nd, at 7:00 pm, Van Bien.
DPAC is hosting a FoodSafe course for PAC volunteers on Saturday, January 31st, at the Van Bien Training and Development Centre. The course will be run by ABC FoodSafe, and a book and certificate will be provided for each participant.
As a reminder, for school food programs and PAC fundraising where food is involved, at least one on-site parent is required to have FoodSafe certification.
Class runs from 8:30a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COST: $25 (to cover the book and certificate cost – DPAC is funding the course itself)
Lunch break is from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
DPAC will be providing lunch and snacks.
Register now: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/prince-george-dpac-foodsafe-for-pacs-january-31-2015-registration-15098539137?aff=website
DPAC will be offering a FoodSafe course for parent volunteers on Saturday, January 31st, at the Van Bien Training Centre. More information to follow!
The school district is looking for feedback from everyone about proposed calendars for 2015/16 and 2016/17.
Note that both years have a two week Spring break.
Comments can be sent until January 15, 2015.
The Prince George School District board of trustees took their oaths of office the evening of Tuesday, December 9th, for the 2014-2018 term.
We welcome Trish Bella, Tim Bennett, Tony Cable, Bob Harris, Brenda Hooker, Sharel Warrington, and Bruce Wiebe.
The new chairperson is Tony Cable, elected from nominated trustees Tony Cable and Tim Bennett. The vice chairperson is Brenda Hooker, elected from nominated trustees Trish Bella and Brenda Hooker.
The BC School Trustees Association (BCSTA) liason is Sharel Warrington, and the BC Public School Employers’ Association (BCPSEA) is Bruce Wiebe.
School liasons and committee memberships are to be decided on later, and typically announced at the January school board meeting.