On October 26, 2010, the Board of Education approved the attached revisions to Policy 5119 for distribution to reference groups for input. Note that in this copy, words that are crossed out are to be deleted from the existing policy and shaded words are to be added.
If you or your organization has any comments, concerns or suggestions about these proposed revisions, please forward them in writing to:
Wendy De Marsh, Executive Assistant
School District No. 57 (Prince George)
2100 Ferry Avenue
Prince George, B.C. V2L 4R5
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax: Wendy De Marsh at (250) 561-6820 or 561-6801
To help focus your input, the following questions may be considered:
1. How does the revision fit with current practice?
2. How will the revision affect your school/department/organization?
3. How will the revision affect teaching, learning and student achievement?
4. Do you have any idea(s) for making the policy more effective?
5. Are there any areas in the policy that are unclear?
6. Are there significant issues that the policy should, but does not, address?
7. Can you foresee any difficulties posed by the implementation of this revision?
8. Will the policy as proposed put unreasonable demands on people or resources? If so, how?
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS JANUARY 6, 2011.